Dear sellers, in this lesson, you can learn about scoring standards of shop score and the ways to enhance it.
How to check seller score
Composition of seller score and scoring standard
How Seller Score acts on shop？
How to enhance seller score？
How to reduce return rate
How to enhance product score and reduce negative comments
On the Jumia platform, shop score means the comprehensive operating performance of a shop, including order cancellation rate, return rate and product score, during a period of time in the past, therefore, higher score means higher trust consumers have in the shop.
A high-quality shop score mainly acts on the following three aspects:
1. Help consumers find reliable shops.
2. Help vendors monitor healthy performance of their shops, timely find and optimize shops.
3. Attract more consumers to enhance sales volume of shop.
Consumers can know about shop score by checking the "SELLER INFORMATION" on the right side of Product Page.
A shop's score is updated on each Tuesday based on the following 3 indicators:
1. The calculation range only includes the orders automatically canceled by the system, including cancellation by vendor due to being out of stock or packages are not delivered to warehouse for scanning within regulated time limit (5 working days), other reasons (such as cancellation by consumers, problem in platform system, etc.) are not included in the calculation range.
2. Details about Out of Stock: once an order is generated, the seller has 5 working days to stock up, print express sheet, deliver to warehouse for successful scanning and other operations. Otherwise, the system will cancel the order due to Out of Stock.
3. Within 30 days after activation, a store will have a default score of 3.0, if there are 5 or more successfully delivered orders within such 30 days, the shop score will be adjusted specifically later based on shop performance.
The criteria and weight for shop scoring:
If vendor A's performance of cancellation rate/return rate/product score is as follows.
Firstly match the corresponding range, conclude the score based on the range, lastly multiply each score with the weight (1/3), sum it up and concldue the score.
1. On Jumia, your shop score will be directly reflected on the product page, usually the product conversion rate of shops with high score is 5 to 10 times that of shops with low score.
2. On Jumia, the platform will give more traffic support to the shops with high score, the higher the score, the more traffic received.
3. On Jumia, for shops with low score (only targeting the shops <3 points), besides traffic restriction, the platform will also charge extra commission based on different grades of specific scores.
Charging ratio of extra commision * is as follows (taking Nigeria for an example):
The charged extra commission will be reflected in bill as "Contribution for low seller score:
If shop score is too low, it may result in taking the shop off-line.
1. Ensure shipping of correct product (color, size, etc.).
2. Ensure shipping of original product (for example: not infringed, shoddy or counterfeit products).
3. Use packing guidance of the platform to correctly pack products.
4. Describe product functions, contents, etc. in details on product page, ensure consumers to receive products consistent with descriptions on website.
1. The seller could check "Return" related orders following the path below, click the order to view the details about the reason of such Return.
There are causes of return by consumer at Status, and there are detailed explanation or pictured details at Comments.
2. The following form is the ranking of common causes of Quality Return, sellers shall pay special attentions to the orders with the following causes of return, take care of product optimization based on consumer descriptions or the pictures provided by after-sale term, so as to reduce returns.
1. Please don't overly beautify pictures to avoid negative comments from consumers due to problems like color difference.
2. There should be (brief) user guide in product description to avoid negative comments by consumers because they don’t know how to use the product.
3. Product materials shall match that described on website to avoid negative comments by consumers because consumers receive products different from that described on website.
4. Fashion-category products shall have size matching local standard (for example: Nigeria: UK Size) to avoid negative comments by consumers because they are unable to use the products.
5. Accessories of electronic products, such as voltage, plugs, etc., shall meet local standard (for example: Nigeria: UK Standard) to avoid negative comments by consumers because they are unable to use the products.
This is the end of the class. If you have any question, please raise a claim.